Breast Lift Surgery
Breast lift surgery, also called a mastopexy, is a procedure where your breasts are tightened and reshaped to give you a younger-looking appearance. As you age, gravity causes sagging and drooping. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, as well as gaining and losing weight also contribute to droopy breasts. Breast lift surgery can erase the years in just one, simple procedure.
Dr. Trupiano has been recognized as one of America’s Top Breast Surgeons.
What Can I Expect During a Breast Lift Procedure?
- The procedure usually takes about two to three hours.
- You are given either intravenous sedation or general anesthesia.
- Breast lift surgery is a procedure where the breast is tightened and raised by removing excess skin. The surrounding tissue is tightened as well. This reshapes and supports the new breast shape.
- The breast tissue is lifted and reshaped to improve its contour and to increase firmness. Any excess skin is removed. Also, the nipples are repositioned, giving them a younger and more natural appearance.
- A breast lift also reduces enlarged areolas when the pressure from drooping is relieved. If needed, some of the areola is removed by reducing it a bit from the perimeter.
What Can I Expect After a Breast Lift Procedure?
Recovery times vary according to each individual, but as a general rule of thumb, recovery time with limited activity lasts about 10 – 14 days. A complete return to normal activities resumes around 6 weeks.
To reduce swelling and offer added support to your breasts as healing occurs, you’ll be asked to wear a support bra or an elastic bandage for about six weeks.
As the swelling decreases, you’ll be able to see the results of your procedure immediately, and your happiness with your new look begins. A picture is worth a thousand words; see the results Dr. Trupiano’s patients have experienced by looking at their before and after photos.
While you are recovering, be sure not to lift excessive weight. Also, avoid any rigorous motions. These restrictions allow the incisions to completely heal. Be sure to follow all the doctor’s instructions to ensure the success of your surgery.
The final results of your breast lift will continue to appear over the next few months as the shape continues to settle. Any incision marks will also fade as time passes, but the positive results of your surgery will be long-term.
To maintain the new look of your breasts for the longest period of time, you should:
- Maintain your weight
- Live a healthy lifestyle