Breast augmentation surgery, also known as augmentation mammaplasty, breast enlargement or breast implants, increases or restores breast size using silicone implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.
When to Consider Breast Augmentation
- If you want a better proportioned or more appealing figure
- If you wish your clothes fit better
- If you believe you might gain self-confidence or self-esteem from such a procedure
- When pregnancy, weight loss or aging has affected the size and shape of your breasts
- To restore symmetry if one of your breasts is smaller than the other
Are you a good candidate for breast augmentation?
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider breast augmentation:
- You believe your breasts are too small for your body.
- You feel self-conscious wearing a swimsuit or form-fitting or low-cut tops.
- Clothes that fit your hips are too large at the bust line.
- Your breasts do not fill out your brassiere.
- Your breasts have become smaller or less firm after you’ve had children.
- Your breasts have become smaller due to weight loss.
- One of your breasts is noticeably smaller than the other.
- You have sagging breasts, which may benefit from both augmentation and a breast lift.
If you are in good health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.